Do you like our Bragenlina pose? But before any of you ask, no, there are not twins in there...just one big baby.
This Saturday we went to a wedding (at the same house where we were married just over 3 years ago). It was fun to get dressed up and spend the evening with some good family friends. I had a nice time sipping my cranberry juice and Mike had a nice time enjoying one of his last celebratory events with a designated driver. (I told him after this he owes me 9 months of having a few too many at dinners/weddings...since its already been determined that I'm the drinker in the family and he's had more hangovers during my pregnancy than I think he's had in our entire marriage, I think he's ready to go back to his designated role as chauffeur.)
On the baby front, I went to the doctor on Friday and was told I'm 75% effaced but no dilation yet. And I've since have been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions all weekend - lots of tightening and lots of pressure in the parts of my body where there is supposed to be pressure. Nothing painful yet - just more frequent and more regular really. We'll find out this coming Friday if they are doing their job and if I am dilated at all. Baby still hasn't really dropped yet though, I just feel like he/she is getting very cramped because their stretches are getting more and more painful for me. You can definitely feel and see those little feet when they poke into my side!
Also, we got the good news that our crib is supposed to be delivered on Friday. Yay!! I'm betting I'll go into labor the minute I put those sheets on and get the mobile set up. It would be funny to think that the baby is already on mom's PR event-type schedule and knows that its best to get all set up well before any of the action happens. :-)
