Friday, August 8, 2008

Baby Shower (Week 35)





Last Saturday, my surrogate mom/good family friend Karen threw me a baby shower at her house. (In fact, at the same house where Mike and I got married just three short years ago.) It was a gorgeous day and as my friend Amanda said, "I feel like we're having lunch at the Four Seasons!" Karen did a great job, as always!
All my Southern California friends and family were there and even my mother and sister in law made the trip from Chicago. Thanks to everyone for coming together to celebrate Baby Brogan and especially for all the great gifts!
I have been doing quite a bit of nesting this past week. I got the baby's room all organized, washed all the receiving blankets, onesies, and bedding (with appropriate baby-friendly laundry detergent), and even bought myself a breast pump. Exciting stuff!! Just waiting for the crib to arrive to pull it all together. It is definitely starting to seem real...