Friday, August 22, 2008

Week 38: To Wait or Not to Wait

Just got back from my weekly doctor's appointment and I'm 1cm dilated. Woo hoo! Baby Brogan is officially on its way...well, sort of. Better than 0cm I guess.

My doctor also told me to pick a day that I didn't want to go past and that she would schedule me to be induced. (She said to call on Monday as the dates at Cedars can go pretty fast!) She made it seem like very common practice so I guess its fine, but I thought her suggestion of 39 weeks seemed a bit rushed. Mike...not so much. He said he'd do it as soon as she will let us. Apparently the whole "honey, its time" thing in the middle of the night is of no interest to him. And it does make sense - the baby is healthy, well over 6/7lbs. and is just going to get bigger, I'm pretty uncomfortable...so why wait?

Right now I'm thinking I will tell her to schedule Monday, September 8 for me to be induced. That way the kid has time to come early, but also won't go more than two days past its due date. And will also do some research about pros vs cons of being induced. I don't want a 10 lb baby but shouldn't we let mother nature take its course?? More to come...