Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 29 - Gettin' Saucy




All right, so I'm fully expecting to be labeled as a complaining pregnant woman but it was a hard weekend. I think Baby Brogan is getting crowded in there and is definitely growing because I not only could barely move this weekend due to the lack of energy I had...I also could barely breathe because the kid just kept pushing up against my diaphragm. Add to that the swollen ankles, sore wrists, and heartburn...and there you go. The photo above with my tongue out pretty much sums it up.
BUT with all that said, I am keeping a sense of humor about everything. I had to go to the maternity clothing store to buy a couple more things for work to get me through until the end of the pregnancy. And all I can say is - I will never complain about how I look under florescent lights and three way mirrors again. I saw a whole other angle of myself in that dressing room and it wasn't pretty. But it was amusing and I left there awestruck at the fact that a person's body can do this.
And of course I love the kicks and pushes and squirms in my belly. It's amazing that I'm growing a person inside me.
I also love the mommy bonding - the instant camaraderie you have with other women who have gone through this and birthed a child. Although two friends I saw this weekend who have young kids both, when asked how much longer until my due date, made faces and went, "Ohhhh...yuck." I think one of them even said - "Enjoy it now...in 6 weeks you're REALLY going to feel miserable." Thanks, Simonne and Amanda for not sugar coating it for me!

Anyway, I'm hanging in there despite all the complaining and just counting down the weeks - 10 more to go until my due date! We can't wait to meet our little monkey!