Today is the first day of summer, which most people would find wonderful (especially if they don't live in Southern California) but to a 7 month pregnant lady...not so much. Its 10:30am and already 90 degrees out. Definitely a heat wave but still not pleasant.
I'll get the complaining out of the way quickly, because no one seems to have much sympathy for me anyway - including my doctor! I saw her yesterday and when I told her about my scary swollen ankles and my carpal tunnel that makes me feel like a 90 year old arthritic in the morning...she goes; "Yeah, all annoying things about pregnancy. Drink more water." She had also been up all night delivering a baby so maybe she just really wanted to say to me: "Enjoy it now...it gets worse" but thought better of it.
So this week I got my Snoogle (see photo). This came highly recommended by our friends Amanda AND Marcos (you know its a good pregnancy item when even the dad is raving about it!) A snoogle is basically a jazzed up body pillow but its skinnier so doesn't take up so much room in bed and according to the packaging has so many, many uses. Its nice and is helping with my sore hips that I get from sleeping on my side. But does take some getting used to...as I tried to climb over it in the middle of the night to go to the restroom, I got caught up in it and ended up doing some impromptu wrestling at 2am. It woke Mike up and he did get a laugh out of watching me fight this thing in the dark and untangle myself to get out of bed.
Speaking of Mike, the cutest husband in the world, he has taken quite the liking to talking to his little "bean" as he calls the baby. The other night, we were relaxing in bed and he starting talking to it and to me and was making me giggle and all of sudden the baby started doing all sorts of moving and wiggling around. And would do it more when Mike would talk to it. Just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing we tried it again the next night and the same thing happened. So while I do think we are having a boy, I have a sneaky suspicion that it could it be a girl and loves her daddy's voice already. :-)
