Can you believe how big I've gotten in the past couple weeks? Because I can't. And can you believe I have 3 more months to go? Nope, me neither.
This week we went up to the mountains with our good friends Daryll and Bryan. After a bit of an altitude adjustment, (baby did not like it at first and starting taking all of my oxygen...so I almost passed out) we had a very nice, relaxing weekend. I even got to go for a few trips around the lake on the boat...although Mike drew the line when I wanted to go for a ride in the innertube...but I'm still not sure if that was for safety purposes or if he just didn't want to see me in a bathing suit.
Other highlights of the week - got a bikini wax and the waxing lady talked to my stomach/the baby the whole time. It was pretty amusing as she said, "Don't worry baby, this doesn't hurt your Mommy at all...and she's going to be soooo pretty when we're all done!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that I can't see what's going on down there anymore and I'll just have to take her word for it!
I know I have been whining a lot this week about getting bigger and bigger....I'm pretty sure everyone is sick of it by now. But it's just strange to have your body so out of control. I do love it when the baby starts kicking and squirming though...he/she does it quite a bit and its fun to watch and feel. So when I stop complaining about the alien growing inside me, I do get a smile on my face and know that it will all be worth it....or I just call all the moms I know and have them reassure me!
