Baby Brogan had a busy week! We took a trip to San Francisco for work and also to meet Charlie Wilcox, our friends Jenn and Tim's new baby. Charlie was 10 days old when I met him - he was tiny and super cute (see photo above). I was joking and wondering if babies can sense each other, even when one is in the womb...and if my baby was saying "Sucker!" to Charlie, out in the cold, bright world, as he/she chills out in its safe cocoon. Just a random thought...
I want to give a shout out and a big thanks to Jenn and Tim - they are clearly parents of a newborn - working on very little sleep and having very little clue what to do with a screaming baby (which he only did for very short periods of time). BUT they indulged me and let me come over to practice holding him with the goal of getting me over the fear of breaking an 8 pound child with a wobbly head. Needless to say when he looked at me and made the cutest little owl/koala-like face, I fell in love. Charlie Wilcox and Baby Brogs will be tight.
Jenn also indulged me by sharing details about her labor and delivery. Just three short (ha!) hours of pushing and a suction cup, and out he came...she's amazing. But you will all be happy to know that it did not scare me too much...I'm still going to go through with it! ;-)
And onto Baby Brogs, he/she has been on the move these days...giving me lots of good kicks and even a few punches. Still nothing that hurts at all but its fun to feel...and definitely distracting when it happens on a conference call at work! Mike was finally able to feel a couple of them this week but I'll let him tell you all about that.
