Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Our Kid is Pretty
As Mike and I were lying in bed last night chatting for the 2.5 minutes we get alone together each evening (if we're lucky), we were looking through all the photos I've taken on my iPhone. And 98% are of Anna Sophia so as we flipped through and laughed we came to one big conclusion: our kid is really pretty. She makes goofy faces all the time and can be a total mess if we let that hair get too out of control...but with big brown eyes, olive skin and adorably squeezable cheeks, we think we have a looker on our hands. Just sayin.
We're also getting into the big, fun stage of "pay attention to me NOW and don't you even think of ignoring me." If you're like my husband, you never grew out of it (BOOM!) but as a full time working parent who just wants to take a breather and read one or two sentences of that Vanity Fair that is about 5 months old...its a bit draining. Yesterday she peed on herself to get my attention - no joke. (And yes, it worked)
But at the same time, I can't wait to get home each night and give her my undivided attention because its so freakin rewarding. Last night we were lying next to each other on the floor of her room, facing each other and chatting about the day. We giggled and sang a few songs, and then she looked right at me, nose to nose, and put her hand on my cheek. She looked into my eyes and said, "I love you, Mom" in complete seriousness. I have never wanted to freeze a moment in time like that one. (Well, ok, a parenting moment. I really wanted to freeze time on my honeymoon in Bora Bora, drinking wine at sunset...but you know what I mean.)
As we're thinking (and somedays thinking about thinking) about baby #2 I realize I need to enjoy my little attention hog for what she is now and cherish each second. Plus, she's not too bad on the eyes.


