Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Anna Sophia's Teenage Years

Just kidding!! It hasn't been THAT long since I updated this blog! But yes, to the few fans I had in the first place, I'm sure you've all moved on to other funny and entertaining blogs that actually update regularly. I promise to get better. (Actually going to hook this thing up to the my iphone so I can upload pictures and say funny things easily.)

But since you're here now, let me tell you about a little girl (who had a curl) and her name is Anna Sophia. She's 34 months...or if you're like me and don't care about months, you could say she's just about 3 YEARS OLD. She's beautiful, funny, sweet, smart and never never NEVER ever (not for one second) sits still. I swear. I have people that can vouch for it. True story.

Her current likes (not in this order):
  1. Tangled (Disney movie...she calls it "Hair")
  2. Smoothies (and really any dairy products)
  3. Smoothie pops (frozen smoothies) - mom's ingenious solution to her screaming for a popsicle for breakfast (pat on the back for me)
  4. Ice cream or frozen yogurt in a cake cone (if you want to win her over, just offer this when you come visit)
  5. Lovey #2 (She was in love with Lovey #1 but in a brain fart we left Lovey #1 at a McDonald's in Covina on the way to Palm Springs. She had a meltdown (and so did I) but we recovered and now Lovey #2 is just as filthy and has almost replaced #1. I could write an entire novel about the emotional roller coaster I went through and what I believe it means in the grand scheme of life, but I'll spare you.)
  6. Matthew Sasso - the 4 year old son of our good friends Amanda and Marcos. Anna pretty much worships him and she once told us he was "hot." I wish I was kidding.
  7. The beach or any pool - she is a water baby and gets a kick out of splashing, swimming, jumping. So much fun.
Dislikes:
  1. Taking a bath. She usually wakes up in the morning saying "No bath" - I tell her let's get through breakfast before we make any decisions about the evening routine and she will repeat herself about 20 times (just to make sure I heard her right) then let it go.
  2. Anything that doesn't taste like pizza, chix nuggets or mac & cheese. While she will eat it if I make her, she instantly says, "no like it" but then will take a bite. I feel like I have won if she actually takes a bite.
  3. When Daddy takes off his shirt - she's not a fan of the fuzz.
  4. Ouchy Bum. (nuff said, right)
In other news, a MAJOR milestone was reached this past weekend. As has been the case with all things with this kid, Mama is the one that gets more nervous about things - therefore, it should be no surprise that I was dreading potty training like a root canal. I was convinced I would be cleaning poopy underwear and following her around with a mop for months. So we kicked it off by saying bye bye to diapers on Saturday morning and by yesterday (Tuesday) we were down to just one accident the whole day. My amazing kid took to it like a champ (with some major bribery of course) and seems to be getting the hang of it. So cool!




Ok, that's about it for now in terms of updates. Again, Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for reading this. :-)