Sunday, July 20, 2008

I made a giant baby!


Alright everyone, just had to do a quick guest post to let everyone know that our OB is pretty sure that beanie is a giant. That's right, the baby is so big that modern medical science has not yet developed a procedure for its birth. He or She is obviously going to be a super hero. We are now kicking around names like "Mongo", "Giagantor", the "Hulk" and, of course, "Shaquile" and I am walking around LA with a placard that says "I made a giant baby!"


In all seriousness, turns out that either mommy's belly is too small or beanie is too big, but Dr. Walden has said that there is a lot of baby in there right now. We go back for an ultrasound this Thursday to see how big the little one actually is. I've got to be honest, this news made me pretty damn happy (Lisa, not so much). there's not a whole lot of size on dad's side of the family tree (which, for those of you who've met my family know, is a colossal understatement). Deep down, I was worried that we were going to have a 2.5 lb baby. I know that a large baby doesn't mean that beanie will grow up to be a big person, but at least it means that it will be less likely that beanie ends up being cast as mini me when they cast the inevitable Austin Powers remakes in 2030.