

Friends/Family: "Lisa, how are you feeling?"
Lisa: "Pregnant."
Yes, this is my new response to the question about my health and the baby's progress. Last weekend temperatures topped the 90s and I felt like a blown up beach toy. I guess it was bound to happen at some point, and 6 months is a respectable amount of time for it to come around, but I definitely am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. The swollen ankles and fingers are not fun and neither is getting winded walking up stairs....but at least I can still sleep soundly...I hear that can be the next casualty. Yikes.
As far as wardrobe choices (which yes, I will devote a paragraph to because hello, its me we're talking about!) its means the official entrance of mumus and flip flops. Okay, they're not mumus (some call them Maxi dresses) but they are rather flowy, roomy dresses that on a normal size person look cute and comfy but are taking a bit of tent-like shape on me. But really, I care for about 5 seconds out of the day when I pass a store glass window and go, "Wow. This is NOT flattering." And then I move on because they are so much better than pants with elastic bands, which cut off my circulation.
Other happenings this past week - my dad and stepmother Hattie came for a visit. They kept us very busy with furniture shopping and we had a BBQ with my family and friends, including my Grandma, my Aunt Pat, and fellow preggers Leilani, my cousin's girlfriend. (see photos) They are having a boy and she's due the day after me.
Also this week, had a doctor's appointment where they did the glucose screening test. And even though I was warned it was going to gross, I loved the sugar drink they give you. It tasted like McDonald's orange drink...yum. Still trying to figure out if that's a bad sign that I love the sugar so much...guess we'll see when I get the results.
Baby continues to be a big kicker...they are getting stronger and more frequent - Mike got quite the show last night as we were relaxing on the couch after dinner. He was in awe as he watched my entire belly jump up and down.
That's it for now - just growing, growing each day! Oh and the search is on for gender-neutral bedding and decorations for the baby's room. We're thinking safari theme but go back and forth. Mike has been sending me lots of links to Cubs baby mobiles and Iowa fightsong-singing stuffed animals...glad to know he's taken an interest in decorating. :)
