Yikes! It has been a long time since I updated this. Got busy at work and then honestly, toddlerhood is just hard to adjust to! (And I mean for me, not for Anna Sophia...she is doing great.) I don't know where the time goes.
To summarize what's been going on the past couple months, I can do it in two phrases:
"Oh Sh*t"
"No. ME!"
These are two things my daughter has taken to saying pretty regularly. The first one she learned from us, because of something she was doing while yelling the second one. She's got opinions and likes to be heard...trouble is we can't let her do everything she wants to do all the time, and thus the tantrums. Mike and I have been reading up on how to deal with a toddler and just search for some magical pot of patience to show up. We'll let you know how that goes.
But on the plus side, this girl is adventerous, curious, happy, and loving as they come. She is in love with our nanny but when I come home she's all hugs and kisses for me...and then when Daddy shows up she gets this look of contentment, like "Ahh yes. Now everyone is here and I can be the true center of attention. Come adore me."
She loves clementines, grapes, bananas, pasta, broccoli (but only if its freshly steamed, if it's a day old, forget it), SMOOTHIES (still!) and on her good days fake chicken mcnuggets. Nanny still tries to give her red meat but she won't eat it for me, so we buy lots and lots of fruit and fresh veggies.
Other than food, she really enjoys brushing her teeth. Happens like 10 times a day. And Toy Story is ruling the house. She is partial to TS2 but will watch the first one for a bit. We took her to the theater to see TS3 but she's a bit too young to sit still. She loved watching it but we felt bad for the people around us when she started going up to them to say "hi" and eat their popcorn so we had to leave.
And now we're off for a week in Chicago with Mike's parents and sisters. Bring on the carnival rides, swimming, and BBQs! This girl is ready to offically experience her first Midwest 4th of July. XXOO
