



Since my work was generous enough to give me Thursday and Friday off this week in honor of the New Year's holiday, Anna Sophia and I took a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium, her first time. I knew she wouldn't truly enjoy the sharks and sea lions and the $10 Italian ices...but I did know that she would love all the other kids and would at least be interested in the giant fish tanks. And she didn't disappoint.
My favorite thing was watching her size up the big crowds in front of the more popular tanks and then push her way to the front only to turn around and look at everyone staring into the tanks. She would then give them a look and a yell as if to say, "Here I am!" completely ignoring the fish themselves (and completely annoyed when she didn't get the proper attention from people). She also tried to fight her way into other families' pictures and my personal favorite was how she befriended a pigeon by feeding him her goldfish crackers. Leave to my kid to be fascinated with the ratty pigeon at the aquarium.
All in all, another entertaining day with my little bean. Happy 2010, Everyone!!
