So I've realized that I don't brag about my little girl enough. Mike and I gush every night to each other about how adorable she is, how much fun she is, how she is the best, most beautiful thing we've ever seen in our lives...ya know, stuff like that. And grandparents are good about listening to us tell them how "I really think she might be left handed...can you believe it - she was eating peas with her left hand! Peas! Those are hard to pick up so it must be true." But I actually don't really bring up how great I think my kid is to the general public (well, to the general public that reads this blog...you know who you are). But that's over now because I'm here to tell you (and anyone that will stand still long enough) that this child is amazing and makes my heart burst with joy every day that I am with her.
Today we went to lunch with some family friends - just went around the corner to the french cafe. Its casual and loud and they don't mind that we throw cheerios and menus across the room. Well Anna is sitting there in her highchair and before I know it there is a crowd of wait staff and customers staring at our table and my baby. I look down at her and she is just GRINNING at everyone. And chirping and laughing and yelling her little words like "Ah!" and "Bah!" The more people came over (and I'm not exaggerating, there were about 8 people) the more she got excited, jumping in her seat and just looking from one to the other with this grin of happiness. All the comments I got: "What a gorgeous baby!" "She's soo happy - I've never seen a kid like that!" "She's not even a year?! She's wonderful!" I mean, I was glowing when we walked out of there. If this is me bursting with motherhood pride now, I don't know how I'm going to feel when she actually DOES something of accomplishment. I might have to take out a NY Times full page Sunday advertisement to tell the world.
