Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 40: Time's Up, Kid!

Well, we now officially know that Baby Brogan is not like their mom - they do not like to be on time. As I'm sitting here two days past my due date, now officially on maternity leave, I'm trying to psych myself up for delivery.

We are scheduled to go to the hospital tomorrow morning at 4am to start induction...and I hope it's the right thing. Over the weekend we went to Mexican food, I handwashed our car, and we strolled around the neighborhood at my glacial pace. So basically I tried a lot of things to get the little munchkin to come out and see us on its own...and now its time for the pitocin to give it a shot. Besides my fear of ending up with a c-section due to forcing contractions and not having this thing naturally, I guess I just hope that the baby doesn't resent me for evicting it too soon and this doesn't start a lifetime of me saying "Just get out there, kid. What are you waiting for?" and them looking at me like I'm a crazy, pushy mother. (Gee, wonder if I'm overthinking this thing at all?? Guess not a surprise since I've done nothing but discuss it back and forth with Mike for the past week!)

At any rate and whatever happens, we do know one thing - we are so excited to meet this baby. I can't wait to find out if its a boy or a girl, who it looks like, and to start our lives as the world's coolest parents. :-)

We'll keep you posted!